Okay, so I labeled this post Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, to discuss an intriguing pattern we see in our Little Man. It has happened with the children's show Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but it has also happened with the other shows, such as Jack's Big Music Show, the Little Einsteins and it has also happened to the music of the Laurie Berkner Band.
For those of you that do not know of these newer kids show, these are all shows which have various levels of music and varying degrees of animation or puppetry. [Just for giggles, I attached below, a Jack's music show parody someone did of Jack playing System of a Down. Man, are people creative and talented or what]
The pattern goes something like this.
1) When the Little Man is introduced to something new, such as Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, he shows no interest in it;
2) Slowly, over time as he hears songs in the shows, he becomes intrigued, and will start to watch;
3) He will start to love the show and ask to see it more and the show seems to make him happy and relaxed;
4) He will start to become obsessed with the show, so that he demands to see it all the time and is reduced to tears if he does not see it;
5) He starts to draw and write and act out scenes from the show, even when it is not on;
6) Then, out of the blue. The mention of the show, any song it, reference to it; and any image of it; makes him so upset he is reduced to tears;
7) The show and any reference to it become contraband in our house.
We literally have about 10 shows that we do not let on because he is at stage 6 for them.
And, now, with out further adieu, ladies and gentlemen, I introduce to you: Jack's Big Music Show performing System of a Down: